St. Xavier’s College is owned and managed by the Diocese of Calicut, which was founded on 12nd June 1923 by the Jesuit missionaries who were the pioneers in modern education. They provided the real footing for the educational requirement of the people of Malabar region. The commitment was basically focused on the empowerment and uplift of people of all regions through education irrespective of caste, creed and gender. In the new Millennium, perceiving the changing times and its requisites, the diocese felt the need to enter into the field of higher education. Keeping this aspiration, Bishop Joseph Kalathiparambil, the then Bishop of Calicut initiated the formation of an Educational and Charitable Trust. St. Xavier’s Arts and Science College thus turned to be the primeval overture of this Trust.